General office internships:
Upon acceptance, applicants work with each department as needed.
• Updating and maintaining the festival’s extensive database.
• Domestic/international outreach to expand festival attendance, film submissions, and our general audience base.
• Utilizing social media to promote events, submission deadlines and other important information.
• Answering questions from filmmakers, volunteers and patrons.
• Creating event flyers, drafting letters, and editing/updating office manuals
• Assisting with the festival’s multiple year-round screening series by working the check-in/info table, taking tickets, and answering questions. (subject to seat availability, interns are always welcome to watch the film once all guests have been seated and any necessary materials have been broken down)
• Keeping the Festival office clean and organized.
• Be friendly, outgoing, and hard-working.
• Be able to contribute 10-15 hours per week, with a minimum of 3 hours per shift.
• Have basic knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Have excellent writing, communication, and research skills.
• Be able to remain organized, multi-task, and be adaptable to a constantly changing environment.
• Have good interpersonal skills for interaction with filmmakers, patrons, volunteers, and guests.
• Be able to do some physical work (event set-up or take-down, moving boxes, etc.)
• Love to have a good time and love great movies!
Depending on an applicant’s interest, skill set, and availability, an intern may receive an assignment to a specific department and have the opportunity to work closely with staff to accomplish a specialized set of goals and objectives.