• Films must have a completion date of Jan 1, 2014 or later.
• EXHIBITION FORMATS for accepted films in the 2016 NBFF must be DCP with a frame rate of 24. Please contact the festival if you have any questions. We have partnered with Simple DCP (simpledcp.com) to provide discounts to our accepted filmmakers for conversion.
• All non-English language films must have legible English language subtitles.
• The film must not be available on the internet or have been broadcast nationally on cable or satellite television prior to the Festival screening with the exception of the Music Video category.
• Films accepted into the festival must arrive with shipping and customs duties or taxes pre-paid.
• Please note: If you are submitting multiple films, each film must be submitted as a separate entry.
Entries received late or incomplete may be disqualified.
Entrants are responsible for obtaining any necessary licenses, royalties, release forms, clearances, and permits necessary to present their work. Newport Beach Film Festival is not responsible for any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, or royalty infringement related to the work.
Every precaution will be taken to safeguard all materials sent to the Festival, but the Festival is not responsible for damage to submitted materials incurred by shipping to or from the Festival.
There are three options available for submission:
Digital files must be received by the last posted deadline to be assured consideration.
3) ONE DVD
If sending as DVD Video, the following is required with each entry: 1 preview copies (NTSC only), Standard Definition to be delivered to our office address. Please check DVD before sending.
We will not accept Blu-ray video disks for review.
Mailed entries must be postmarked by the last posted deadline to be assured consideration. Be aware that we do not return any submission materials.
Each official selection will require the following:
• A minimum of one (1) still from the film (color preferred, B&W accepted). Digital stills and press kits are preferred. Stills must be 300 dpi and at least 4”x 5” (length x height) in size and contain an actual shot from the film.
• You may email stills to firstname.lastname@example.org or upload them to either filmfreeway or withotuabox.
• Full cast/crew list.
• Film synopsis – 120 word logline / synopsis of the film and a 20 word logline / synopsis of film. Short films are only required to provide the 20 word logline.
• Payment – if not paid through filmfreeway or withoutabox, a check should be mailed to the festival offices.
Stated submitter will be considered the contact person for the film and thus will be the only one receiving emails and information regarding the status of the film’s acceptance in the festival. Please be sure you add NewportBeachFilmFest.com to your accepted email list.
Newport Beach Film Festival is a competitive Film Festival. Films accepted are automatically eligible for the applicable competition category. In addition to all official selections being eligible for Jury, Audience and Festival Honors awards, a jury comprised of filmmakers and industry representatives will screen all competition finalists, deliberate and announce the results at the end of the Festival. Films screening in the Music Video and Collegiate Showcase are not eligible.
NOTIFICATION OF ENTRY STATUS:
Filmmakers will be notified around mid-March 2015 as to whether or not their film has been officially selected. Upon acceptance you will receive an email verifying your acceptance. Be sure to have NewportBeachFilmFest.com on your accepted email list.