NBFF at Sea: South Pacific
NBFF is proud to partner with Celebrity Cruises for the third year to bring the 2019 NBFF at Sea, setting sail to the South Pacific this December.
In 2019, Costco Travel is proud to introduce the third annual Newport Beach Film Festival at Sea, exclusively for Costco Members. Join festival CEO and President of the Orange County Film Society Gregg Schwenk and a team of movie producers/directors for Q&A sessions and screenings of feature films, short series and documentaries, presented on evenings and sea days throughout the cruise. On your vacation you’ll also be immersed in cosmopolitan cities from Sydney to Auckland and natural wonders from the Great Barrier Reef to Milford Sound. This is a region of beautiful beaches, majestic fjords, fine wine, friendly people, and exotic wildlife. And with its opposite seasons, it’s the perfect place for those from the Northern Hemisphere to escape winter.
- Member Exclusive: Costco Cash Card with every Celebrity sailing†
- Season of Savings Classic Beverage Package for two±
- Welcome aboard hosted reception**
- Private, four-course luncheon**
- Private film screenings**
- Two selected shipboard tours**
- Wine tasting seminar**
- Martini tasting seminar**
- Executive Members earn an annual 2% Reward on Costco Travel purchases.
Screening on the Cruise:
What do the Chrysler Building, the Golden Gate Bridge, the film “Destination Moon” and America’s space program all have in common? They were each touched by the creative vision of a forgotten artist named Chesley Bonestell (1888-1986). It can be said that Chesley helped get us to the moon not with technology, but with a paintbrush. His mesmerizing depiction of “Saturn As Seen From Titan” became known as “the painting that launched a thousand careers.” Told by the people who were influenced by or knew Chesley personally, and punctuated with rare interview footage of Chesley himself, this feature-length documentary chronicles the extraordinary, nine-decade life of a quiet, artistic visionary, whose beautiful paintings continue to inspire us to reach for the stars.
- Newport Beach Film Festival 2018: Audience Award for the category of Art, Architecture + Design
- Comic-Con San Diego 2018: Best Documentary Award
- Boston Science Fiction Film Festival 2019: Best Documentary Award
There will be two separate film screenings during the cruise. Screening #1: The full documentary + Q&A Screening #2: Exclusive showing of 13 Bonus Features + Q&A. Q&A Participants: Producer/Writer/Director Douglass M. Stewart, Jr. and NBFF Director Gregg Schwenk