***Films submitted must be available for EXHIBITION as:
- Digital Cinema Package (DCP)
- (Music Video and Youth are the ONLY exceptions)
Our deadlines are postmark deadlines. Films must be submitted by the deadline and arrive no later than a week after the deadline if mailed.
After completing our submissions form, please visit our website at www.nbff.wpengine.com for the digital file specifications before you submit your file. You can submit your screener with one of the options below.
(1) Digital video file sent to [email protected]
(2) Send film using Hosted Site such as Vimeo to [email protected] – must be able to download version, be sure to activate this option. Do not use YouTube, as it is not downloadable. Send film using commercial Upload Site (Dropbox (do not use shared files), YouSendIt, We Transfer, etc.) to [email protected].
(3) Least desirable method. Mail a Data Device (Disk, Hard Drive, Flash Drive). * Will not be returned unless you provide prepaid postage and packing materials for your device. Tip: you can use a secure digital chip and tape it to an index card and mail in a standard envelope.
If sending as DVD video, the following is required with each entry. One (1) preview copy, Standard Definition. We cannot accept Blu-ray Video disks for review. Please check your DVD before submitting.
Entries received late or incomplete may be disqualified
- Our deadlines are postmark deadlines; no late submissions will be accepted. We will email you directly upon receiving your submission, if you have not been emailed your submission was not received.
- Entrants are responsible for obtaining any necessary licenses, royalties, release forms, clearances, and permits necessary to present their work. The Newport Beach Film Festival is not responsible for any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, or royalty infringement related to the work. Every precaution will be taken to safeguard all materials sent to the festival; however NBFF is not responsible for damage to submitted materials incurred by shipping to or from the festival.
- Submitted films must be available for exhibition as:
- Digital Cinema Package (DCP) – (Does not apply to Music Video and Youth categories)
- Films submitted must be available in English or in the original language with English subtitles. Accepted films must be available in the designated exhibition format, Digital Cinema Package if not Music or Youth categories.
- Films must not screen in the U.S. in theaters, air on U.S. television, or be available to U.S. consumers in stores or via the internet before May 3, 2019.
- The number(s), date(s), time(s), and locations of the screenings of films are subject to the discretion of the Newport Beach Film Festival.
- The exhibition copy supplier will be responsible for the cost of the shipment to the Newport Beach Film Festival. The Newport Beach Film Festival will return the print postage prepaid to the supplier or to the next destination as indicated by the supplier (Features only). Entry materials and/or Short films will not be returned.
- The Newport Beach Film Festival takes the utmost care in the handling of your entry. The Newport Beach Film Festival does not pay additional charges for originals, masters, or special prints.
- Notifications will be emailed. All correspondence will be done through email, only through the original submitter. Please insure that you have provided us with your correct/valid email and a valid phone number.