Sometimes submitting your film to all the right film festivals can be as much work as getting the film finished. You’ve put your heart into this wonderful thing, it’s your baby, and now you’re sending it off into the world to be judged. You’re marking deadlines on your calendars and praying you finish that last edit in time. You’re trying to figure out what Festivals are worth the submission fee. You’re worrying about whether or not your film is even being watched. It’s overwhelming anxiety-inducing to say the least, especially if it’s your first time. We have heard story after story of filmmakers that have gone through a submission process and have experienced no support, no feedback, and mixed communications.
Like our filmmakers, the NBFF staff shares a passion for film, so we pride ourselves on being a filmmakers festival and we make it our mission to provide as much filmmaker support as we can. With this in mind, we have developed a comprehensive review process that guarantees that submitting your film to NBFF is simple and democratic. Each submission has a fair shot at being part of the NBFF program. All official submissions to the Festival are screened by three (3) members of our review committee and two (2) Festival programmers. Based on statistics, input and commentary from these reviews, films are discussed, deliberated and selected by the programming department.
All submitted filmmakers will receive notification via email in mid-March.
Once your film is accepted, each filmmaker will have the opportunity to:
- Screen your film for our enthusiastic audience and industry professionals
- Network with big names from in front of and behind the camera
- Socialize with other filmmakers in a world-class resort setting
- Enjoy a pass and ticket package valued at over $2,000.00
- Be a part of the largest film event in Orange County
- Compete for Jury, Audience & Festival awards
- Take advantage of unique marketing opportunities
- Meet distributors and industry insiders
- Enjoy a true Filmmaker’s Festival, designed for a personal experience